Amazon Prime Video is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join the Partner Integration Team and work with the A-list of home entertainment manufacturers to bring Amazon Video (AV) to the latest and greatest home entertainment devices. If you like getting your hands dirty, working with cutting-edge entertainment hardware, and shipping product, then this is the place to be. The team has already launched Prime Video on a range of living room devices from Sony, Samsung, LG and Hisense amongst others. As consumer equipment manufacturers continue to innovate, so we will work with them to integrate, innovate and deliver a fantastic Prime Video experience for our customers.
As a Software Development Engineer in the Prime Video Partner Engineering Team, you will be responsible for working directly with the engineering teams of top home entertainment vendors from around the world to bring Prime Video to their range of TVs, set-top boxes, and other living room devices. This role requires very strong troubleshooting and debugging skills in non-traditional environments. You must enjoy getting yours hands dirty and working through complex software integration issues.
The Software Development Engineer will be part of a software development team integrating & testing client applications for Prime Video on living room devices. They will work to deliver a superlative and immersive experience to Amazon Video customers on a growing range of devices. The SDE will innovate, automate and trouble-shoot device integrations.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV, live sports, and/or film.
• Degree in Computer Science or related
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with owning end-to-end software life-cycle
• Comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
• Experience of product development in consumer-focused companies
• Experience developing in at least one of Java, C or Perl
• Professional proficiency in Mandarin Chinese and English
• Ability to travel to throughout Asia and to the UK
• Experience with embedded systems will be valuable
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Experience with data structures
• Experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis